A couple weeks ago, I went to a conference and the speaker suggested writing down 25 goals for accomplish in the next 5 to 10 years. I didn’t need to write anything down, because I had that list ready to go! But she did get me thinking about my 30-by-30 list, and I realized that, although I have been absolutely awful about documenting them, I have been making some progress.
Since I haven’t posted here in so long and I wanted my “comeback” post to have some substance, I figured I would do a 30-by-30 update. So here we go.
30-by-30: An Update
A list of 30 items to be accomplished by May 28, 2016 (which is when I turn 30)
- Travel to another continent – not quite.
- Get engaged; plan a wedding; get married – totally happening. Yes, lovelies, Boyfriend is now officially Fiancé! I could go on and on, but I’ll try and save it for the wedding website. Check us out!
- Go to a Michigan Football Game outside of Michigan – September 1, 2012.
- Go to a professional Detroit sporting event outside of Michigan – Fiancé is going next month, but I can’t take the time off of work. Oh well, maybe next year.
- Find and visit my grandmother’s grave – not yet.
- Finish my master’s – ugh. Working on it (although not currently). Estimated graduation date is April, 2013.
- Make crème brulee, homemade – Done!
- Make bread, homemade – Also done, I just never said anything about it!
- Make baklava, homemade – not yet, but 3 outta 4 ain’t bad.
- Make spring rolls, homemade – Also done!
- Make salsa, homemade, using ingredients I grew myself – happening this summer!
- Cook a duck dish – eh, Fiancé, fabulous neighbors, and I collaborated on a duck dinner, but I didn’t really have too much to do with the preparing of the duck. Not quite a full checkmark.
- Teach the dog how to ring a bell when he wants to go outside – getting there.
- Own a pair of designer shoes – perhaps for the wedding?
- Take a cooking class – nope.
- Take a knife skills class – nope.
- Own a really nice knife – nope.
- Learn to ride a motorcycle – nope.
- Write something and attempt to get it published – does this count?
- Be debt-free (mortgage is exception) – HAHAHAHAHAHA
- Learn how to drive a stick shift – nope.
- Get a professional massage – also, perhaps, for the wedding…
- Return to Hilton Head, SC for a vacation – Fiancé says for our one-year anniversary. That’ll do!
- Coordinate a block party – nope.
- Master using my SLR camera; produce a print worthy of displaying; display print – nope.
- Try at least 10 new foods I have never eaten before – probably getting there but not keeping track. Pork belly is definitely on the list.
- Have a salary I am proud of – maybe after graduation?
- Shoot a handgun – close, but was only able to manage the rifle, since the crazy girl at the shooting range apparently doesn’t know what a scaredy cat I am.
- Clean out my childhood room at my parents’ house – oh boy…
- Take a dance class, of any kind – also, perhaps, for the wedding…?